Search This SEO Blog

Monday, July 16, 2007

Online Marketing Mistakes

SEO Metro has noticed some bizarre marketing by websites that have thousands of links leading into them but use Google sponsored ads to direct traffic to them for terms that they don't even rank for or does it seem they try. I cannot imagine as a Texas SEO company that we go work and get hundreds of links but we are so inept at link building and content that we must use a pay-per-click program for expensive keywords.

These particular companies are geared toward global keywords that are so hard to achieve good rankings that it would take years of link building and content building before the desired rank could be achieved. That being said would not common sense dictate to use long-tailed keywords or geographic keyword phrases? One would think. Why build a website that takes many hours much less take hundreds of hours to build inbound links to go and purchase expensive adwords?

Speaking of adwords...how many internet users actually click on them? 20%? Does not appear to be the best strategy if you ask me. I am definitely not a marketing genius nor is it my discipline. Maybe I am wrong but if it were a chess game I would think I would be taking my opponents pieces off the board much quicker. If this were a real-life game, in which it is, I would think I would have more toys in the end than my opponent.